This super easy stewed beef and potatoes come together in about an hour from start to finish, its hearty, comforting and super delicious. cut your beef into small bite sizes because you want them to be very tender by the time it is done cooking. To the beef, add black pepper, salt, paprika, and garlic powder then give that a good mix and set it aside.
Add olive oil into a cooking pot and once hot, add the beef, all you want to do is brown the beef for about ten minutes. Once browned, add in diced onions, chili peppers and bay leaves and cook that until the onions become translucent. Add in your tomatoes and cook it until the tomatoes are mashed and combined into the meat, add tomato paste for a little color and mix that thoroughly until everything is well combined then you will let it simmer for about five minutes.
Add in two cups of stock and two cups of water, for the stock, use vegetable stock but you can use chicken stick also since you are working with beef, you can use either stock. Cover and let the beef cook for about 15 minutes then add the potatoes and carrots, mix up and let it cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes become tender. When you can feel that the potatoes are tender, add in a slurry which is a mixture of two tablespoons of cornstarch and two tablespoons of water.
The slurry is going to help thicken up the stew, let it simmer for around three minutes then remove from heat and serve with white rice or anything you prepared to accompany this beef potatoes soup with. Bon Apetit.
- 1 1/2 lb Beef cubed
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 onion diced
- 2 Tsp paprika
- 2 cups Chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 3 Tomatoes Diced
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 lb potatoes peeled and cubed
- 11/2 lb Carrots
- 3 Tsp parsley Chopped
- 3 Red Chili Pepper or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the slurry;
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Water
- Season the beef with salt, black pepper, and paprika.
- Preheat the olive oil in a large pan. Once the oil is hot, add the beef then brown the meat all over.
- Throw in the diced Onions, bay leaves, and chili peppers; cook until the onion is tender and translucent.
- Stir in the Tomatoes and Tomato paste and leave to simmer for about 3 minutes, so that the Tomatoes can release some of its juice.
- Add stock and water and let the beef cook in the juice for about 15 minutes.
- Add the Potatoes and Carrots. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch and water and mix until smooth once the potatoes are done and stir in the slurry. Let it simmer for about two more minutes until it thickens and stir in the Parsely.
- Serve hot