This banana pudding recipe is creamy, rich and almost like a mousse. The ingredients for this banana pudding recipe are indulgent and simple. All you do is mix some cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together to start. Make sure the cream cheese is room temperature. If it’s cold it won’t mix up smooth, and you’ll probably have little cream cheese lumps.
You will then add vanilla pudding mix, milk, and vanilla. Make sure you buy instant pudding, that way it will thicken up right on the spot and you don’t have to heat it.
Beat the pudding mixture on high speed for about 5 minutes. You want the mixture to thicken up nicely. To assemble the dish, just line the bottom of a baking dish with shortbread cookies. Then slice up some bananas on the cookies until the container is almost full then spread that glorious pudding on top.
- 1 (8 ounces) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (14 ounces) can sweeten condensed milk
- 1 (5 ounces) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces heavy cream, whipped
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 10 ounces shortbread cookies
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment mix the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary, about 2-3 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in the dry pudding mix, milk, and vanilla. Begin mixing on low for 30 seconds, slowly turning up the speed until you’re on high speed.
- Mix this for 4-5 minutes until thickened and smooth, again scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Fold 4 ounces (half) of the whipped cream into the pudding until combined.
- Line the bottom of a dish with as many shortbread cookies as you can fit. Evenly place the banana slices on top of the cookies.
- Spread the pudding on top of the bananas. Spread the remaining whipped cream on top of the pudding.
- Crumble any remaining cookies on top of the Cool Whip and/or place more cookies around the edge of the pan for decoration.
- Cover with Cling Wrap and chill at least 3-4 hours.