This recipe is able to make up to 5 scotched eggs. Take a saucepan, add water and start to boil. Gently add up to 5 eggs int the boiling water and let it boil for 6 minutes then remove the eggs and put them in cold water to prevent them from continuing to cook. Meanwhile, take sausage meat into a bowl and add freshly chopped parsley. Remove the shell from all the eggs then prepare to coat them with the sausage meat.
Split the sausage meat between 5 then spread the sausage meat on a dry surface and place each peeled egg on the meat. Wrap the meat around the egg until it is covered all the way around, you can give ut a quick roll using your palm so that the meat can be evenly distributed around the egg. Do so for the remaining eggs and set aside. In another bowl, take breadcrumbs and flours then crack an uncooked egg onto another bowl and whist it.
Take each of the coated egg and put in the flour, then into the egg mix then place in on the breadcrumbs and make sure they are fully coated with the crumbs.P lace the eggs on a baking tray with greased paper then place in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes until the eggs are cooked to golden brown, Remove from the oven and let them cool before chopping them.
- 1 lb chicken, turkey or pork Italian sausage
- 4-5 large eggs, hard boiled
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- Remove meat from casing. one large sausage should cover 1 egg
- Roll the eggs in flour. (this helps the meat stick to the egg)
- Wrap each egg evenly in a portion of meat, being sure they are covered completely. roll it around in your
- Hands a bit to ensure even sausage coating.
- Beat the remaining egg in a small bowl
- Dip each egg/sausage ball in the beaten egg then coat thoroughly in breadcrumbs.
- Bake until golden brown on a cookie sheet at 375°F; about 30 minutes. mine took about 35 minutes